Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » C++11 issue under Linux (Error occuring after upgrade)
C++11 issue under Linux [message #48036] Fri, 12 May 2017 10:21 Go to previous message
jibe is currently offline  jibe
Experienced Member
Hi,

Sorry for this newbie question, but I think that a clear doc about upgrading is either missing or too difficult to find...

I was using U++ 9732 on Linux Mint Maya (derived from Ubuntu Precise), and I just upgraded to Mint Serena (based on Ubuntu Xenial) with U++ 10804. And now, I always get an error :
This version of U++ REQUIREDS C++11

(the typo is in the message).

I get this error even with the "AddressBook" example !

I find a lot of things about that, even old unsolved bugs and posts saying that adding -std=c++11 is not working, but nothing saying clearly what to do to solve that, so I'm a lot confused to know what to do... And very surprised that with a fresh install the examples are impossible to compile !

This is probably only a little bug in the config or a little thing that I did wrong, but how to solve it ?

[Edit] : I see that I have GCC4.8.bm only, but I have not gcc-4.8 installed. Instead, I have gcc-5 and gcc-6. I tried to copy it to GCC5.bm and GCC6.bm, changing inside the compiler name, but this seems to have no effect.

[Updated on: Fri, 12 May 2017 10:49]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Previous Topic: How does one determine the byte order of the RGBA struct?
Next Topic: install UPP on a new laptop with Win 10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:02:48 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05407 seconds