GDB_MI2 high cpu usage (One core is fully loaded)
|Assignee:||Miroslav Fidler||% Done:|
It seems that GDB_MI2 has got infinity loop and one core is always fully loaded when debugging.
- I recommend "top" command to check cpu usage by application on GNU/Linux.
#3 Updated by Zbigniew Rebacz over 8 years ago
- File GDB_MI2_High_CPU_Usage.png added
Now, I know how to reproduce this bug:
1. Turn on TheIDE.
2. Select any package.
3. Debug with GDB_MI2.
4. Click on TheIDE (If you don't click on IDE the CPU usage will be on normal level (around 2-3% CPU usage)).
5. Measuring CPU usage using your favorite application like "top".
6. Stop debugging.
7. From now, every debug session associated with high CPU usage.
Personally, I think that the main problem is that GDB_MI2 completely blocks TheIDE interface. Above situation can contribute to bugs like this.like this.