[Editor Mode] Editor mode could support new file paradigma
Moreover i think that opening in editor mode should create temporary new file and should allow to create them.
- New file should only be stored in memory.
- If user press close button there should be prompt about unsaved temporary file.
- If user save file it should be executed as save as operation.
#2 Updated by Zbigniew Rebacz over 7 years ago
I thouth that if upp supports editor mode you wanted to create alternative to code wordprocessors.
- New file concept is probably useless in ide mode, but pure editor mode could be nice alternative to other code wordprocessors.
- It's just my observation that editor mode without this feature has some limitations.
#3 Updated by Miroslav Fidler over 7 years ago
OK, you might be right about editor mode.
However, the whole workflow around such "New" feature is not really that easy to define. E.g. what highlighting will such file use? When exactly it is to be saved?
I know you expect it to be saved when tab is closed, but that is no good either, as in ide tabs are just another way to access files in workspace. I mean, it would completely against the whole model if the new file was not in <temp>...